So where have I been? Where is my time going?
Here's a small sample:
* Migraining. I've been through 2 packages of Imitrex in the past two weeks, because I've been migraining pretty much that whole time. Spring, like fall, brings with it pollens, and my immune system, which is always drooling insane, doesn't need a lot of nudging to make it go complete rampage and amp up the torture on my carbons for ever foolishly becoming a complex system. So, I've spent most of the past couple of weeks wishing I was dead, only because death generally doesn't have endless ever worsening pain associated with it. But, death doesn't have hugs or Carmilk Maple bars, so I must fight to carry on.
* Town Meeting. A barren little community nearly an hour from here decided they wanted a rink. They had no money for one. Their solution was a mind-melting display of pure greed: to apply to the government to absorb every unincorporated community in a 1 hour radius, so they could then legally steal money from their neighbours, call it taxes, and use it build their worthless rink. While the voting results have not been released to me, I believe the opinion of those who came to the meeting, who were all polite and reasoned, can still best be summed as: go to hell and die.
* Art commission. Fourteen forms in seven projects, I'm currently at preview 16, with 4 of the projects in approved revised form.
* LibriVox. I had some mic issues. Lots of them. After several attempt to get a new mic that failed miserably, I seem to have one that works. More on Librivox in a following post.
* Writing. 5 submissions, various rough drafts, illustrations, editing a novel. Also provided a detailed crit to a peer's story.
* Forums and Reading. Aside from Librivox, I'm a regular at CGP, and follow various other blogs and such. I also read Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell. Currently reading Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie. And, when I went by the library today, they were having their annual book sale, and I wasn't planning on looking, but the spouse firmly *insisted*, and began to complain and worry when I wasn't picking up anything, but there was no cause for panic. I left with 4 books, and 2 present books. I'm just a far fussier reader than I used to be, so much of what is out there sucks.